Stir-In Primer "Welds" Emulsions and Masonry Paints To Virtually Any Surface and Stops Paint Peeling
- EB is added to first coat of any water based paint - eliminates the need for time consuming, application of a separate coat of primer / stabiliser. Not For Clears - Only Paint.
No point in painting walls etc if the paint only blisters and peels of again - all that work and expense for nothing. When you use EB as part of your FIRST coat, you can rest assured that your paint will stay where you put it!
[Note: First coat means first coat of current painting job, irrespective of whether it is a new or previously painted wall]
- Bonds water based paints to chalky, powdery or porous surfaces.
- Added to first coat (only) of interior emulsion over new plasterwork ensures paint does not peel off
- Improves hiding power and coverage
- Allows you to use masonry paints on wide range range of substrates for long life, no peel results… example wooden fencing – paint any colour, cladding, decking spindles, terracotta pots, paving slabs etc
- EB is a stir-in bonding additive for all water based paints, exterior and interior.
- Can be used on all surfaces and is especially suitable for unstable, chalky and powdery surfaces as well as for difficult surfaces such as glass, plastic, wood, varnished surfaces etc.
- Can be mixed into the first of paint or used neat. Most common mix ratio is 3 parts paint to 1 part EB but can be stronger for really bad surfaces. Example: 10L bucket of emulsion. Pour out 2.5L (1/4) into another bucket and replace it with 2.5 L of EB.. this tops up the 10L again but 1/4 of the contents is EB... 3:1 mix. Calculate that the 2.5L of paint you poured out earlier can be part of what you need for the second coat.
Properties [VIDEO Shows A Plastered Wall That Was Painted Without A Proper Primer... Paint Fell Off]
- EB mixed into first coat of any water based paint, soaks deep into the substrate or grips to shiny surface and does away with the need for a separate coat of stabiliser... thereby saving you work and money.
- Increases paint hiding power - ensures even coverage and maximum adhesion between the first and second coat of paint.
- EB’s high solids maintains the inherent characteristics of the paint and increases paint coverage by up to 20%.
- Stops paint peeling from surfaces prone to same.
- Enables you apply water based paints to vast variety of substrates otherwise not possible without risk of peeling.
- Always test for compatibility; for use in water based paints only.
- Make sure the surface is clean and free from grease; remove any flaky paint.
- Ratios of mix required. Basic rule is, the worse the substrate, the stronger the mix. Chalky walls, minimum of 4:1 (4 paint : 1 EB) Average flaky walls, 3:1, badly flaking wall 2:1 and in extreme cases use 1:1 or even neat. For non-masonry surfaces such as wooden fencing etc a 3:1 ration minimum in exterior quality masonry paints is recommended. Allow to dry for 24-48h.)
- Use E-B in first coat of paint only.
- After application of the EB/paint mix allow to dry aprox 4 hours.
- EB is added to first coat only. Apply second coat of paint without E-B.
Application tools : brush, roller, airless spray.
Application temperature : 5°C to +35°C
Drying time : 2 to 4 h.
Recoating time : 4 h.
Clean up : Soap + Water (Brushes etc may need additional wash with white spirit)