Seasonite Protects and Waterproofs New Wood, Prevents Splitting
New wood protection – stabilises and protects now wood during its first year of weathering
- Protects new wood from excess moisture during its first and most difficult year
- Minimises the greying and weathering process – prepares the wood for recoating
- Essential for pressure treated softwoods and hardwoods except oak
- Minimises splitting, warping, cracking and cupping of all wood
- Colourless treatment – easy to use
- Stabilises and protects the wood during its first 12 months of weathering.
- Penetrates the wood and protects it from excess moisture. Allows wood pores to open naturally.
- Minimises any splitting, cracking, warping and cupping due to the damaging effects of the sun and rain.
- Colourless treatment. Easy to use.
- Minimises the greying weathering process – prepares the wood for recoating.
- After 6-12 months of weathering, Seasonite provides a sound surface for paint, wood stain or other finishes.
Where to use
- Ideal for softwood (Pine, Spruce, Cedar…) and especially for pressure-treated wood.
- Vertical or horizontal surfaces.
- Use on garden decks, shakes, shingles, cladding, fencing, unfinished outdoor furniture in Pine, Spruce, Cedar or other softwoods.
- Apply a generous coat to all dry wood surfaces before or after installation.
- Do not apply to weathered wood.
- Wood should be clean, dry to touch and free from all stains.
- Shake well before use. Do not dilute.
- Apply one liberal coat of Seasonite to all wood surfaces with a brush, roller or garden sprayer.
- Ensure Seasonite flows in between the boards and that all end grains are well saturated. If dipping shakes or shingles, soak for 10 min then allow the excess to drain.
- If desired, after 6 to 12 months of weathering, clean with Net-trol, and finish with Textrol
- Refer to packaging for full user instructions.
Coverage: 5 to 7m²/l
Application tools : brush - roller
Application temperature : 10°C to +30°C
Working time : 12h.
Clean-up : water